When teeth decay, they sometimes fall out. When this happens, a dental implant can replace the root of the tooth and offer a solution for restoring teeth, smiles and confidence. Implants are durable, look and feel real, are comfortable, and make eating and talking easier.
Implants provide a solid foundation for permanent (fixed) or removable replacement teeth that are made to match your natural teeth.
Dental Implants Surgery Includes
- The Implant. A titanium post that is inserted into your jawbone, to act like the roots of your natural teeth.
- The Crown. This is the artificial tooth that is attached to your implant; the tooth is designed to match your natural teeth in size, shape and color.
3 Advantages of Dental Implants
- Feel Better, Better Function. The inconveniences of missing teeth affect one’s everyday life — especially with chewing and speaking. A dental implant allows patients to eat and speak better.
- Protection of Existing Teeth and Bone Structure. A dental implant is attached directly to the jaw and replaces a missing tooth. As a result, it prevents any remaining teeth from shifting and causing damage or bone and muscle loss.
- Confidence Restored. Because teeth affect how a patient speaks and smiles, it also affects their sense of confidence. Dental implants restore teeth, communication, self-esteem, and smiles.